Turning off email

dkelban

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks to all, in advance. If I don't want to receive email for a while, how do I turn it off, and then turn it back on. I also don't want to get 200 emails upon turning it back on. How do I do all this?:icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. Thanks to all, in advance. If I don't want to receive email for a while, how do I turn it off, and then turn it back on. I also don't want to get 200 emails upon turning it back on. How do I do all this?:icon_eek:

You can turn it off by removing the sync from gmail in your settings.

How in the world you're going to avoid part 2 however is a challenge. What you might want to do is before turning sync back on visit your gmail account on line and go through them that way.

Also I believe in gmail settings on line there is a vacation setting you can set it on that will tell everyone you're not available. You would still have to remove the sync from gmail however.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

In the mail settings I believe you can set it to how many emails you want to receive at a time, not 100% sure if it was gmail or regular email..