Turning off data

MtnMarty

Reaction score
I will be in Canada for a very short time and want to turn off data, but maybe still use wi-fi. Is this possible and how is this done? I don't want to incur data charges from Verizon being international.

Droid running 2.1.

dremelts

Reaction score
Can't you just put it in "Airplane Mode"? That should disable data. If you are in a hotspot turn airplane mode off and switch to WiFi.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I have an app called Quick Settings and that easily allows me to turn off/on mobile data with one click (or touch, I guess...).

darklipslide

Reaction score
I have an app called Quick Settings and that easily allows me to turn off/on mobile data with one click (or touch, I guess...).

Yup, I personally use an app called APNDroid that has a nice toggle for turning data on and off

clayrebel

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will be traveling to Mexico in a week.
My question is, how do I turn off data on my phone to stop emails and data from coming into my Droid X?
I still need to make phone calls, just don't want to be charged for data roaming.

Thanks so much,

Ted

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mjwhitta

Reaction score
go into settings and click on data manager, it will take a while to load, the select data delivery, finally uncheck data enabled. you may also want to uncheck background data. have a nice trip.

Sent from my DROIDX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think there is a separate box for data roaming. Just leave that unchecked, but i suppose you might as well uncheck them all

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

clayrebel

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the info. This will help bigtime.

Ted

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dr29715

Reaction score
I will be travelling into the jungle in Peru and want to take my phone with me. I would like to have phone and texting turned on, but internet and other data turned off. I want to do this for battery life and to prevent a large roaming bill. Can you anyone help me figure out how to turn off data on the Droid 2 Global?

Thanks

Byakushiki

Reaction score
In settings, go under Wireless and networks. Go to mobile networks, and uncheck the Data enabled box(the one with the caption "Enable data access over Mobile network"). It may be a better idea to simply use a local sim, if available. It may be cheaper.

iguanad

Reaction score
You can also go to Data Manager - Data Delivery - and uncheck Enable Data Roaming. This worked fine for me in Italy.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Since you'll probably be on GSM in Peru, don't forget to switch the phone to GSM mode (instead of Global) and disable 3G (i.e. set network type to GSM 2G). That sometimes increases battery life twofold.