Turning Data Off?

OpenWater

Reaction score
Hello Folks - Is it possible to turn the data off, and therefore, incur no data charges? I love the phone, but would likely need very little data, so I think the $15 data package would be fine for me. I live in a hot spot, so aside from checking directions or something simple like that while out on the road, I would rarely use the data.

When asking a sales person this question, not only did he become disinterested in me, but he also said that I should get the $30 unlimited plan, because the phone continually uses data to update itself, even when the data is turned off. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
G

guest999

I turn mine off. I work at home and have wifi and can usually find it when I'm out too. When I need the 3g, I just turn it on. There's a toggle icon on the notification screen to turn it off and on. Easiest $15 I ever saved.

For this month, 10 days into the cycle, I'm at 948mb wifi/154kb cell. haha.

budb4u

Reaction score
With the latest update now the 3g toggle button has now been replaced with the airplane button.

estilo

Reaction score
Hello Folks - Is it possible to turn the data off, and therefore, incur no data charges? I love the phone, but would likely need very little data, so I think the $15 data package would be fine for me. I live in a hot spot, so aside from checking directions or something simple like that while out on the road, I would rarely use the data.

When asking a sales person this question, not only did he become disinterested in me, but he also said that I should get the $30 unlimited plan, because the phone continually uses data to update itself, even when the data is turned off. Thanks for any help.

LOL, they will do ANYTHING to hard-sell the $30 data package. It's ridiculous. I don't know anything about that phone though.