Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
[Devs, feel free to move this to a more appropriate location!]

So...Those of you that have seen me around here in various posts have undoubtedly seen my "on-the-fence" attitude regarding rooting my own Droid.

A fellow Droidian that I follow on Twitter retweeted a post by someone looking for beta testers. I'm always on the lookout for new fun things, so I volunteered. Little did I know, that person looking for testers was Pete...you know...Pete's Bugless Beast...:icon_ banana:

So, I went for it. Yes. Me. I rooted my Droid. Used DroidMod on Pete's suggestion. Did all the work for me. Felt kinda like a cheater. But it's done.

I'm now using Pete's Bugless Beast .5, found here AllDroid - View topic - [ROM 2.1] Bugless Beast V0.5 (2/25/10) STABLE

Also using Pete's adapted version of AdamZ's Smoked Glass theme, which I installed via update.zip.

Chevy's 1.2 kernal was my preferred overclock method (As suggested by previously mentioned Twitter buddy).

Now, my question is, (Yes, there's a question) is there any "complete" list with a bunch of different themes? Every time I search, I can find all sorts of different random posts for different themes, but I was hoping SOMEWHERE would have a collection of themes with screenshots.

I'm a big fan of red and black (like my car's interior :))

I've used/have installed metamorph themes. I'm currently using parts of this red theme here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/25298-requested-new-metamorph-theme-high-res-red.html ontop of Pete's stellar work.

This is the important part to me:another question I have is if anyone has themed Launcher+, since that's a part of BB .5. I like what Pete did with it in his theme, but I'd really like something with at LEAST a phone and browser icon built-in to the app tray region. I've seen it in many ways, but haven't found one that'd work with Launcher+/2.1 ROMs.

I used Home++ for quite a while, and really like having certain things available on EVERY screen without having to take up valuable icon space.

This sucker's getting long, so I think that's about it...Any other suggestions or help are greatly appreciated, since I'm definitely a noob in the rooting arena.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't help you on your questions but congratulations on getting your phone rooted. I hear good things about BB, good luck with it.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can't help you on your questions but congratulations on getting your phone rooted. I hear good things about BB, good luck with it.

Thanks! I really couldn't think of any reason why I'd want to do it, but love to tinker and play around with things...The black notification bar and the sexy look of smoked glass almost make it worth it on their own, but seeing the way it functions while overclocked is even better!

I'm sad that I haven't seen something like a "blood red" notification bar though...Something that would go nicely with the Droid eye...Or maybe a red notification tray that comes down from the black bar...Haha!

I work midnights and haven't been to bed yet...Searching all over to better educate myself on ROMs, Kernals, and rooting. Liking BB, but kinda considering checking out some others...And it hasn't even been a week yet...Lol

loop4zil

Reaction score
Does BB 2.1 v.5 have the 2.1 launcher and smoked glass?

Edit: Never mind...just saw that it is a stock theme and you used MM to get it all smoky and cool.

Last edited:
OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does BB 2.1 v.5 have the 2.1 launcher and smoked glass?

Edit: Never mind...just saw that it is a stock theme and you used MM to get it all smoky and cool.

Actually, I'm pretty sure my long post says this somewhere, but he edited a smoked glass theme for it that you applied by installing it via update.zip.

As for the launcher, it's Launcher+ by the dev of home++, also modified by Pete. I'm really digging it.