clockwork mod problem

Droid_dude86

Reaction score
So i just backed up bugless beast v.6.2.1 with the latest clockwork mod recovery and now my droid won't get past the boot animation. It doesn't look like its boot looping and what I mean is it doesn't stop and start again it just keeps going if you hit the power button it turns the screen on and off and the only way to shut it off is to pull the battery. I've never had this happen before any help or thoughts about what caused it would be great. By the way KUDOS to PETE, bugless beast is probably my favorite rom and the smoothest I've ever used, my og droid scored 1424 on quadrant standard with this rom clocked @ 1200mhz.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Can you get into recovery manually? Pull the battery. Hold X on keyboard. Re-insert battery and power back on while continuing to hold X for a little bit, maybe 10 - 20 seconds, if you see bootanimation you have lost recovery.

Try to get into the bootloader if recovery doesn't work. Hold up on dpad (toward the screen when keyboard is open) instead of X though, everything else is the same. You should be able to get into the bootloader.

Once in the bootloader you will need to flash an .sbf A recovery only .sbf file should work fine, which all 3 recoveries can be found http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html <-- there in .sbf form.

You then should be able to boot into your recovery and accomplish whatever it was you were attempting to do.

OP
D

Droid_dude86

Reaction score
Right after I wrote the post I booted into recovery wiped everything and reinstalled bugless beast now it works fine but what would make it get stuck on the boot animation after flashing a recovery image. I've been flashing roms and using clockwork mod since I got my DROID and I've never had this happen before . Also the clockwork mod version I'm using is 3.1.0.2.