Turn off SMS scrolling text alert in notification bar????

lincfree

Reaction score
the SMS/Text notification icon/ringtone and flashing light are great. But I HATE that the Droid displays scrolling text of the text message sender followed by the actual text of the message. I was recently letting a friend use my internet browser and a moderately embarrassing text from my wife displayed up there and I could see a million horrible situations arising. Even when my phone is locked I believe the scrolling text notifications are visible to anyone holding the phone. NOT GOOD.

How do i turn off just the scrolling text?

Alm3ga

Reaction score
I believe you can use handcent, and there is an option to disable that. But I don't think there is a way to do it with the stock messaging app.

-Alm

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
i remember in like 2.0 and 2.01 there was a setting in the notification settings of the stock messaging app and it was like privacy or something like that. and i also miss this feature for pretty much the same reason cuz sometimes my parents use my phone and i dont need them reading texts from certain people

ugly_guitar_guy

Reaction score
Nobody has figured this one out yet?? I just downloaded Handcent to be able to get around this but i'd rather just use the stock app.

ratok85

Reaction score
droid notification problem

When your in the stock message app, go into settings. Under notification settings, there's an option to turn it off. Hope it helps. I have droid 2.

Nadelsoup18

Reaction score
How can i turn this off for everything? Email, whatsapp, etc.... hate that feature. Im thinking of exchanging the phone just for that reason alone......

Zvoiture

Reaction score
Anyone figure out a way to turn this scroll off? WITHOUT turning off all notifications. Stock txt app. Having the content of your texts and the person their from displayed on the top of your screen is a serious NO-NO!

MOTOROLA DROID PRO