Turn off Droid Pro Keyboard Backlight

pilotrose

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the Droid Pro's keyboard backlight? Whenever the screen is on in dark conditions it seems to stay on with no time out.

I don't really mind it until I use the phone as an alarm clock with alarm clock plus and the screen dims but the keyboard light remains on bright.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
Bump

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
I found an app that can turn it off. Only thing is that you have to reboot to turn it back on again. And the same when turning it off.

Search for backlight off in the marketplace.

conswo

Reaction score
I found an app that can turn it off. Only thing is that you have to reboot to turn it back on again. And the same when turning it off.

Search for backlight off in the marketplace.

why my droid pro just doesn't turn off the keyboard light even though i have rooted it and install the "backlight off" :angry:

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
Sorry should have said so earlier, I had the same problem. It worked on the first bootup, but never worked again. I have since given up.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

jrobinson8

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with the backlight. Here's what worked for me:
Plug in charging cable then start Gentle Alarm night mode (my alarm of choice). Press the button on top that usually turns off screen. Screen and backlight will turn off. Wait about 10 minutes then press the button again to turn display back on. My backlight does not come back on.
Hope this will work for you.