Keyboard backlight

tennvol

Reaction score
All of a sudden my keyboard backlight will not come on when it is dark. I have tried all the various screen brightness options and no joy. The backlight only comes on when its bright in the room or im sitting next to a lamp, but not when dark or very dim.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
Wanted to add that I tried a reboot and when it restarted my auto brightness was stuck on 100% and my backlight was still off. When I held the device under a bright light the auto brightness started working again and the backlight came on.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

spacehopper51

Reaction score
I was just having a similar issue, and I think I figured out the deal. I cannot, however, that you and I weren't actually having a problem, and for some reason, it just magically worked. Either way....

I noticed that if you are typing in a semi-dark environment, the light sensor that determines whether or not the keyboard and softkey backlight will be on is located hear the ear speaker. So, if that particular area of the phone is in a semi-lit area, it will register as if you can see the keyboard just the same.

Not completely sure that any of that ^ is true at all, but it seemed to be the case for me. My fix was just to make sure the light sensor was in the same darkness that my keyboard was in.