Trying to unroot Droid 3, Superuser still installed, mess of problems.

whatsupash

Reaction score
New here. Have never posted here because I've never needed help before, but I'm desperate at this point...

I have a rooted Droid 3. I used a mac to root. My text messaging has become extremely selective, and I've only been receiving like 30 percent of my texts. I think that root may be the problem because I'll often get a force close message from the stock Text Messaging app. I want to unroot it to see if that's the case, but the problem is you need the slideout hard keyboard to get into recovery mode on the Droid 3, but my hard keyboard has stopped working. As well as my volume toggle. I've done without this for a while, but the text messaging problem is really aggravating, and I'd like to send it in to get a replacement, but in order to do that I need to get rid of root. So I need to root it without a keyboard but I don't know if that's possible. The weirdest part is that apps that require root say that they can't obtain root access, but Superuser still appears in the app drawer. I seem to be in a mess of problems...

This is how I rooted my D3 originally: [video=youtube;gdbu4ZQ68Fs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdbu4ZQ68Fs[/video]

I could really use some help here. Thanks!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling superuser through the play store? I had to do that when I unrooted my d2

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

OP
W

whatsupash

Reaction score
I just did it. Does that mean I'm unrooted? I thought if superuser showed up it meant the phone was still rooted...

drew96dawg

Reaction score
So when you uninstalled the the play store did the icon go away. If It did you're good but if its still there try a factory reset

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk