Trying to SBF back to stock, Help Needed

Soxfan913

Reaction score
I need to SBF back to stock after messing up while trying to install a ROM. I had a bootstrap recovery file, but now I can't access it. I've decided to just SBF back to stock. I downloaded RSD Lite and the full SBF file. However, RSD Lite does not recognize my phone. I have already installed the drivers, but it still doesn't recognize it. I can't get the phone to boot either, it just hangs at the M logo. When I plug it in to the computer though, I can get to the bootloader screen, and it says OK to Program. So, am I totally screwed? Or is there a way I can SBF back?

azterus54

Reaction score
did you run rsd as admin? also try and power off the droid hold the up arrow key and the power button until you come to the boot loader screen. then plug the phone into your computer and see if rsd recognizes it then. RSD won't see your phone it will only say s flash under model and connected under status. i'm doing this same thing now though and i was wondering when i was supposed to pull the battery and power up manually???

OP
S

Soxfan913

Reaction score
I'm on XP, I dont think I have to run as admin. The thing is, the phone doesn't come up. It's like the computer doesnt recognize the phone.

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Have you tried going into the RSDlite config menu and changing the device ID mode to first come first serve and the restarting? also are you using a x64 or x32 bit OS? the drivers to download are different for each

OP
S

Soxfan913

Reaction score
x64 bit. I tried the first come first serve, but now my battery is too low. So I'm kinda stuck anyway.

OP
S

Soxfan913

Reaction score

Droidtwo619

Reaction score
I have a question maybe u can help me out. i wanna SBF my D2G back to stock which sbf is for my phone?? I had d/l the rsdlite 4.6 and they told me i have the wrong one.. I was rooted the unrooted with z4root. appreciate if u can help me out thanks..

fishhelmet

Reaction score
The sbf for your phone is in the d2 global forum. If you try any of the ones here, it either won't take or it will brick your phone

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App