trying to root my 2.2 updated Droid X - refuses to work

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stop doing the doroot batch file and do it by hand. Open the batch file and send the adb commands one at a time, or follow the adb droid x root ota 2.2(droid 2 method).
Environment variables and pathing can make the batch file falsely finish and say you are rooted.

Follow this guide for the commands. If you did not set your environment path variable, dump everything into your adb directory.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/82584-droid-2-root-dx-ota-2-2-a.html

btw: you can paste into a command shell to make it very easy to do it manual

Click on the upper left icon on the command shell window, referred to as the system menu, and along with Move, Size, and so on, you'll see a sub menu called Edit. Click on that, and you'll find Copy, Paste and other clipboard related commands.

What he said ^

dont trust batch scripts, to many variables. copy/paste is your friend though, take your time in ADB, wait for the prompt to change, also make sure your device has USB debug (look for the icon in the notification bar, if its not there, it wont work)

and remember... take your time!

B

bradb

To date, MY FREEZING has started again. I am once again FED UP with Motorola. I wrote them a scathing email.
1) I spend over $600 for the phone an accessories when it came out 2 months ago.
2) The freezing started after their update.
3) I have wasted over 4 hours of my time REPROGRAMMING my 4 email addresses and other various settings when it got reset last time.
4) I missed work on a crucial time (Friday evening) due to a trip to Verizon with the first freeze.
5) The phone will function, then freeze to the Motorola screen. It just happened this morning, and I refuse to reset it. I want action with the corporate office of Motorola. This phone is CRAP, and nothing but experimental.
6) To date, I have a box that was delivered from Verizon with a new Droid. I am taking it to the store and will try this one. After paying over $600, I should have received A NEW DroidX, not a factory "reconditioned" model.
#################
AT THIS MOMENT, I would recommend to everybody: AVOID THE DROID. All you need to do is go into GOOGLE and enter "DROID X FREEZE". This is OBVIOUSLY a problem, and the phone is too unstable. If you use this for business like me, and rely on your emails to come through, DO NOT GET THIS PHONE. It is unacceptable to send an email telling customers to pull out a battery every time it freezes.

This all happened with the software update.

tj1772

Reaction score
Freezing

Sorry to hear about all your issues. Have you tried uninstalling all your apps and start over including your email. More than likely there is a corrupted or conflicts in your apps. If it's hardware they will replace for free.

debdado

Reaction score
I really wish that I could sit down with a person who would teach me the basics, help me to understand the system and the connections, and show me how to root droid x 2.2 with a mac. I would pay money for it, as I have wasted countless hours trying method after method, not understanding parts of all forums, and being frustrated. Anyone know a mac/android tech near San Francisco, CA? I'm paying for the learning, since I can't get it on line. Thanks.:icon_eek:

Rooted 2.1 with forum support, but lost root in OTA update to 2.2. Superuser permissions still installed, blocking any one-step method. Too complex for me. Help!?!?!?

Last edited: