Trying to decide

rjl4tnvols

Reaction score
What are some pros n cons of the fascinate. I've never owned a samsung phone. I know that its not running froyo yet but curious about what people who own it like and don't like

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dhaymond

Reaction score
The speed of the phone is really nice. I own both the DX and the fascinate, and I'd have to say it is alittle faster. The size is perfect and screen is nice. The constant freezing is a minus the bluetooth problem and gps prob. But those should be fixed. The weight I'd the phone too is nice, but it does slip or my hand a lot so yet don't feel like its built to tough, like my X. But over all is a nice phone. As of this moment id rate it an 8... That's just my opinion. Hope that helps some.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

dhaymond

Reaction score
Sorry for the wrong words in some places. I'm writing from the phone and don't always prove read before sending.

OP
R

rjl4tnvols

Reaction score
So the fascinate freezes alot I had not heard that also what exactly is the prob w the gps does it take a long time to find sat or what

bluevolume

Reaction score
So the fascinate freezes alot I had not heard that also what exactly is the prob w the gps does it take a long time to find sat or what

I have not had any freezing problem on my Fascinate; not to say there isn't a problem but I haven't experienced it. The GPS, yeah, it takes a long time to find the signals sometimes (but not always). There are some workarounds.

MKKH10

Reaction score
Mine freezes all the time, very annoying.

Loosestrings

Reaction score
The fascinate if an awesome phone in my opinion. Here's the lowdown.

Pros:
1 the screen is huge. amazing quality.
2 the touch interface is excellent.quick and very intuitive.
3 have yet to find an app that refuses to work on the fascinate.
4 swype is the best thing (besides 8 pen) to happen for mobile input methods.

Cons:
1 there are occasional freezes, but I notice them in certain apps more than others. I'm much more suspicious of the app than the phone.
2 battery life is mediocre ... But that's true for any smartphone nowadays.
3 No camera button.

Overall I LOVE my fascinate.

mikehal38

Reaction score
I haven't spent much time with a fascinate but my wife has one and all she does is complain about it. She is also running stock though. Keep in mind she also complains about everything so I guess I'm not much help lol. The little time I've had with it, it seems like a nice phone, plus very hackable. As far as I'm concerned it's the only current phone worth buying.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dhaymond

Reaction score
The bluetooth wont pair or I have to reboot so that it will. GPS isnt the greatest. If it dont take long it wint find you at all. Phone will freeze even if I just unlock it. Or back out of an app. When it does freeze, I have to do a soft reset and pull the battery. I have my original 1 and havent replaced me it just cuz I figure it will be fixed.

dktk75

Reaction score
In my case, in only one condition the phone was freeze,
turn on the gps (use navigation), bluetooth (headset) and charge the phone at same time.
in this condition about 80% chance to freeze

pros: I agree w/ Loosestrings opinion PLUS
1. light weight and thin (htc incredible is light too but it has smaller screen)
2. perfect screen size - 4.3" (DX) too big, 3.7" (HTC inc) too small, 4" (perfect size)...it's my own opinion ^^,
3. the screen was very bright (I personally compared with D2 and DX), mine was so cleared in the sunlignt.
4. camera quality was better than DX even samsung has 5mp camera (DX has 8mp).. my friend who use DX compared that with my phone and he told me that.

Con: mostly same as Loosestrings already said....Plus
1. the signal (inclued 3g and wifi) is weaker than others (D2 and DX)
2. somtimes it touch the button by it selves when it's on my hand(maybe it because of my TPU Case or screen protector)
3. back lights on occasionally (maybe after root bug)

that's it for me...I don't have that much of major problem to use my phone...
I'll give 8/10 points now. I might give 10/10 when froyo release. maybe...

Last edited: