HTC Droid Incredible 2 or Samsung Droid Charge?

bbqdroid

Reaction score
I will be exchanging my defective Fascinate for a different phone on the Verizon network. The phones listed in the topic are the two in contention, but their respective pros and cons are almost a wash for me.

I have 4G coverage at work, but not at home.
I like the HDMI out on the Charge
I prefer the DInc2 form factor better
Same resolution on the smaller DInc2 screen seems more detailed?
Coming off buggy Fascinate, little leary about another Samsung
Smoother, faster web browsing on DInc2 than Charge?
Only 1GB internal storage on DInc2??
I like the 32GB memory card on the Charge
Gingerbread? No idea when/if the Charge will get it

I could go back and forth all day, like I have the previous few days, but I need to step up and decide...

Do any of you have experience with one or the other that might shed some light on things not covered in published reviews?

Thanks.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The extra RAM on the incredible 2 is neglected in most reviews but it really helps. The phone flies. Samsung also has a bad rep with updates. The sales rep is going to try to up sell you to a thunderbolt, but the battery on that phone is horrible. Unless 4g is important to you, go with the incredible.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

frosty1216

Reaction score
I went with the Inc 2 because it has HTC sense which to me is a lot smoother than Samsungs GUI, it's quick and it's a smooth experience. I too have had bad luck with Samsung. What was the deciding factor for me was a lack of 4g in my area. But if 4g is important to you, I've heard nice things about the Charge, but as was said before the extra ram on the Inc 2 means a snappier less sluggish experience. With Gingerbread the phone is quick and has some nice features.

4g - for me not important
resolution - Inc 2 looks amazing, borderline beautiful
Web - Most droid phones I've gone away from stock browser I prefer Dolphin HD
storage - I was miffed by the 1GB storage capacity too but with the move2sd apps out there not an issue
- 16gb on my phone for me is a lot as I only use it for pictures and apps
Gingerbread - Like I said it just makes the phone sail.

What sold me on the Inc 2 was the little things, such as merging contacts, friendstream and so on. Hope this helps.

dancedroid