Trying to Decide which Phone to get....

Reaction score
So its a toss up between the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus. One thing that makes me want the RAZR a lil more is that it has a SD Card Slot which Supports up to 32GB Cards, but the Galaxy Nexus has 32GB built into it, tho it doesn't have the SD Card Slot. The RAZR also has a slightly better Camera, it does 8mp just like my Droid X, and the Nexus only does 5mp, tho before I had my Droid X, I had a Droid 2 Global, and the D2G only did 5mp, and having had both, i can honestly say, I don't see too much of a Difference between the 8mp and 5mp cameras. They both look really good IMO. A big one for me tho, making me lean towards the Galaxy Nexus, is that it has Android 4.0 ICS built-in, and the RAZR only has 2.3 GB. Which brings me to a question; Does anyone kno if they plan on bringing 4.0 ICS to the RAZR via an update, just like the did with 2.3 GB on the Droid X and other various phones ? Cause if they are, then that makes me more willing to go with the RAZR and just wait for the update. Also I love the Super AMO-LED screen on the Galaxy Nexus, those screens are so damn beautiful. And of course, the fact that the Nexus has Pure Android on it makes me want it a lil more too. When it comes down to it, they are both amazingly superb phones, that will do everything I want and then some. So I am having a really hard time deciding. I am an indecisive person already, so it just makes this that much harder to decide lol So lets hear some opinions. Which one do you think I should go with and why ? ! ?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Razr will get ICS. According to Moto, Q1 of 2012.

Let me ask you a question. Is your current phone rooted? If so, are you running a ROM?

I ask this because if you get the Nexus, I guarantee you will contemplate doing the above. If you get the Razr, possibly not so much. More importantly, what do you plan on using the phone mostly for?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, the rezound is probably the best general purpose phone, very fast, excellent camera, it has an excellent HD screen, sense is a pretty nice ui, and now it's unlockable for easy rooting, roms and kernels...
the razr has a decent camera, quarter HD screen, lots find it uncomfortable because of its super slim design, moto(not)blur is kinda ugly imo, non unlockable bootloader which limits roms and kernels, it is fast though too
The gnex has an ok camera, ok HD screen, stock Android ui, is very fast, unlockable bootloader and lots of dev support, and ics but it also has issues too most likely by how new ics is

Basically it boils down to this:
Razr is for those that like moto(not) blur and like to be stylish
Gnex is for those that love roms kernels and development stuff
Rezound is more for those that like pictures and music and some rooting and roms and is the most rounded out device

Btw both rezound and Razr will get ics

Sent via Swype from my ics Droid 1 with deprimed kernel and custom tweaks

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's funny, but my perspective is almost the reverse of most people. If you root/flash roms, then I'd get the Rezound because I think the Google support then becomes overrated for the Nexus. If you DON'T, then probably the Nexus because stock it will have the best, longest and most responsive support.

I traded my GN for the Rezound. Main reason was the better camera (which I've never used, but plan to do much more) and increased storage (just ordered a 64gig micro SD!). Also, minor nit but the GN was massive and the Rezound is just a tad more reasonable size. Other factor was I prefer the capicitative buttons over the software buttons on the GN (although admittedly this isn't very rational). I don't think the GN software buttons, stock, were all that great (hard to hit the settings button, no search button, and "small").

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you are telling difference in good way. But still rezound have more capabilities

Yeah, I do like the rezound though, and I said about as much as I know about the Razr considering I don't like moto(not)blur or how it feels in my hand and the gnex having such a huge developer community says quite a lot about it in itself i think

Sent via Swype from my ics Droid 1 with deprimed kernel and custom tweaks

Droid592

Reaction score
I think you are telling difference in good way. But still rezound have more capabilities

As far as what?

I came from the Rezound to the Galaxy Nexus and honestly its going to boil down to what you use your phone for and what you want to do with the phone. If your a big root fan and love roms kernals and dev support then there is no questions asked the Nexus is for you, it will always be ahead of the competition when it comes to software updates. The camera on the Nexus i think is good ( i dont plan on taking a picture with my Nexus and making a billboard with it) so the fact that i had to give up a 8MP camera really didnt phase me. Also i sit in my office and compare pictures to my buddys i phone and sometimes my phones take better pictures then his phone. Of course every one here will tell you different some will agree more will disagree, go with what makes your happy but if your asking me what phone to get i would go with the Galaxy Nexus because in my opinion it blows whatever is on verizon's market out of the water right now. If you have anymore questions for me or want to know more about the phone or how i feel about the Rezound PM me because ill be able to explain it way better then here on the forums where im sure people will flame the Nexus.