Trying to apply Purity, won't reboot recovery.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry, I went through this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html and followed step 1 and now i'm back to 5.5.886 so how would you go about rooting this the proper way so that I can upgrade to 5.7.893 and apply the Purity ROM?
I posted instructions on the last page, just because your system version shows 886 your kernel and radio are 893, that mod is irreversible so I believe you will still root as if your on 893, you will know for sure when pete's method does not work for you - either way the 893 method is a one click just as easy as pete's

OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
Alright and then once that is done doing it's thing, do I just go about installing the ROM? Or what would the next step be?

The Purity ROM says that it is built off 5.7.893 OTA. Do i need to do something special to get that?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, the only thing a ROM can't replace is the radio and the kernel (locked bootloader) so if you have already manually updated to 893 your kernel and radios are updated, the ROM should take care of everything else

OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
Alright, got the bootstrapper to work and now trying to install it. hopefully it works! thanks

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright, got the bootstrapper to work and now trying to install it. hopefully it works! thanks

Great!:) Good luck!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
One last easy question. I cleared all the stuff, installed Purity and it ran for awhile and now I got a "Install from sdcard complete." but on the top of the screen it says "Apply update from .zip files on SD card. Do I have to do anything else? Or do I click Go back and boot it up?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, I don't have that rom yet. Were there steps in the op of that thread that stated about having the zip on your sd-ext?

OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
Actually never mind, I got it and it works great. Thanks dudes

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great! Sorry for the delay, I was busy doing something else.