Trying to apply Purity, won't reboot recovery.

Brick

Reaction score
So last night I recently rooted my droid Bionic. After I did that I installed Bionic Bootstrap and went into that and set up a back up. After that I upgraded to 5.5.893 so I would be able to apply the Purity ROM ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th3ory-rom-bionic/181450-rom-purity-v2-4-tpax-11-09-2011-a.html ). I moved the file to my SD card, then opened Bionic Bootstrapper and clicked BootStrap Recovery and it instantly said "Success!" so I clicked Reboot Recovery and nothing happens. Anybody know what to do? Please leave a detailed explanation since I'm still fairly new to this.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
woops, refreshed in the middle and got a double post. not trying to spam

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I deleted the other one. For some reason your thread didn't go through right away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So last night I recently rooted my droid Bionic. After I did that I installed Bionic Bootstrap and went into that and set up a back up. After that I upgraded to 5.5.893 so I would be able to apply the Purity ROM ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th3ory-rom-bionic/181450-rom-purity-v2-4-tpax-11-09-2011-a.html ). I moved the file to my SD card, then opened Bionic Bootstrapper and clicked BootStrap Recovery and it instantly said "Success!" so I clicked Reboot Recovery and nothing happens. Anybody know what to do? Please leave a detailed explanation since I'm still fairly new to this.

Thanks

Does bionicbootstrapper show in the superuser app as asking for access?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. You upgraded which means you are in lala land regarding root. You will have to reroot, if not unroot them reroot.

OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
Got a video or something that explains how to go about doing that?

OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
Pete's Motorola Root Tools is how I initially did it. Am I supposed to be unrooting it all the way? Theres a button in there I can click that does it

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Lemme see if I can get you someone familiar with the process.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...a little confused here - do you have root access right now ?

OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
I believe so. Sorry still a little unfamiliar with a lotta the terms. My phone is rooted and I can access Superuser and other rooted apps.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...before you do anything else I would go back into bootstrap and bootstrap recovery again, maybe two or three times in a row and then try to boot into recovery

OP
B

Brick

Reaction score
It says "Success!" each time i do it. When I initially set up the backup through this program, when I clicked Bootstrap Recovery I had to allow the program first through a window that popped up before it said "Success!" but now it just goes straight to "Success!" and when I click Reboot Recovery, nothing happens still.

Also this is how I went about rooting my phone and setting up the backup.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...covery-backup-and-de-bloat-your-droid-bionic/ . I followed those steps up until De-bloat.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you have been in recovery via bootstrapper before - try uninstalling the bionic bootstrapper application and reinstalling it