Trouble with Rooting/tethering

Picasso71

Reaction score
Hey guys, my phone updated me to my .605 the other day. Just tried rooting with D3 one click root per instructions, then tried to run my wireless tether and titanium back up. Both coming backs with errors saying that my phone is not rooted. The one click said everything went ok and my phone is functioning fine otherwise. Any ideas? And it is a DROID X so ya. It also might be important to note that I was rooted previous to the update *******FOUND RANDOM POST ABOUT UNPLUGGINF YOUR BATTERY AND USB CABLE DURING BOTH REBOOTS AND IT WORKED***** Full thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/173942-trying-re-root-after-605-a.html

Last edited:

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
Something you downloaded isn't right. Whether the drivers or the script. Try doing it all over , new downloads.
The thing that gets me is I download everything to my phone, move it to my computer if necessary, and then use it. Always works...always

OP
P

Picasso71

Reaction score
Something you downloaded isn't right. Whether the drivers or the script. Try doing it all over , new downloads.
The thing that gets me is I download everything to my phone, move it to my computer if necessary, and then use it. Always works...always

So are you saying I should also reinstall the motorola drivers as well?

OP
P

Picasso71

Reaction score
well, I've tried reinstalling/downloading everything and so far nothing different, no root :icon_evil:

leftspin

Reaction score
you might have to go into SuperUser and enable root access for other apps

leftspin

Reaction score
try SuperUser>Settings>make sure "allow applications to request root permissions" is set to on

OP
P

Picasso71

Reaction score
and if my super user settings does not have that setting?