trouble updating apps

neilrl79

Reaction score
My wife has a stock droid 2 and when she tries to update some apps the update fails. For instance both angry bird apps and a few others, it will download 100% but then fails to install. I've cleared the cache from the apps and cleared the market as well but that didn't help. Any thoughts on this problem?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My wife has a stock droid 2 and when she tries to update some apps the update fails. For instance both angry bird apps and a few others, it will download 100% but then fails to install. I've cleared the cache from the apps and cleared the market as well but that didn't help. Any thoughts on this problem?

Are those apps, by any chance, on the sdcard rather than the phone internal? May have to move them if so.

Good luck.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reboot and try again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

No dice. Tried pulling battery and all. She says sometimes she get an "error 18" message or just a installation "unsuccesful installation" message.

Yep, the poster above is right:

Error 18

[FONT=&quot]I was reading on a Cyanogen board and encountered a thread about this error code. Here's the solution they came up with:

(credit ch33kybutt)

So whenever you run into the "Unknown Error -18" issue, here's the simple workaround ...[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]'Settings'[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]'SD Card & phone storage'[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]'Unmount SD card'[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Install app (from Market or adb push install)[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]go back to settings and 'Mount SD card'[/FONT]
_________________________________________________________________________________

Per Tillyswilly:

if you delete the “.android_secure” folder off the SD card that will fix it all together and you wont have 2go2 the unmount everytime.....1 drawback is you might have to reinstall some apps i had to reinstall about 15 but now it downloads all the apps just fine

OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
UPDATE.... I finally got around to deleting the ANDROID_SECURE file and all apps are now downloading and updating as they should. My wife is greatful.