Triple Samsung Rumor: SGS4 Called Project J; Cheaper GNote2 Coming; Sammy Transformer

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wpid-samsung-logo.jpg

We have an intriguing triple combo set of Samsung rumors for you this morning. You probably shouldn't count on any of these being super accurate, but they are not completely ridiculous so are worth sharing. I'll just list them for you below:

• Samsung is already working on the Galaxy S 4 (that's no surprise). The new part of this rumor is that Samsung is calling this "Project J" and that it will come with a full 1080p HD display and a new Sammy quad-core processor. We aren't sure how important the name of the project is, but perhaps it might trigger other rumors and intel in the future.
  • Samsung will soon release a cheaper successor to the Galaxy Note II. Supposedly, to cut costs and make it more budget-friendly, the cheaper version of the GNote2 will not have a stylus. Additionally it will be a bit slower than the current GNote2 and might use an LCD instead of an AMOLED.
  • Samsung intends to release their own version of a "convertible" tablet, just like the successful Transformer series from ASUS. Supposedly, Samsung is working on a 13.3 inch tablet that will be built just like the Transformer series with detachable QWERTY keyboard form factor.
There's obviously no real way to tell just how accurate this intel is, until we either get official confirmation or the "proof is in the pudding" and the products are released. Share your thoughts on these possibilities.

Source: AndroidAuthority

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
my rumor.... samsung s4 comes w the new flexible display :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
1080p is so not necessary on a phone. You will not be able to visually see any difference from a 720p display. A higher pixel density is what is needed and they are already doing that.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
1080p is so not necessary on a phone. You will not be able to visually see any difference from a 720p display. A higher pixel density is what is needed and they are already doing that.

does not a higher resolution packed into a smaller area = a higher PPI? which is a higher pixel density? I guess not necessarily however it would be stupid to release a 1080p smartphone screen with a sub 400 ppi

so yes, a 1080p screen is needed. look at the DNA

as for a note 2 without a stylus, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the note 2?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Not at all. I can run my monitor at 720p when it actually has the pixel count for 1080p. You can change the pixel density of the S3 to whatever you want. 160 for the tablet interface or higher for larger everything. Packing more pixels doesn't mean you have to go up to 1080p.

Honestly, I feel its a marketing decision.