Tried Flashing Back to ICS from 4.3 and Now Bricked!! HELP!

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I need some help, I really don't want to have to buy a new phone. Here is what I did:

I did an Odin from a fresh ICS stock install and took it all the way up to 4.3 via OTA updates, all downloaded over an WAP.

Then I tried to take it all the way back to ICS, but now it's stuck on the screen that tells me to take it back to the Verizon store! No matter how many times I try to use Odin, wipe the factory settings in stock recovery, nothing works... would Kies help me?

Any thoughts?

llarryweaver

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I need some help, I really don't want to have to buy a new phone. Here ishat I did:

I did an Odin from a fresh ICS stock install and took it all the way up 4.3 via OTA updates, all downloaded over an WAP.

Then I tried to take it all the way back to ICS, but now it's stuck on the screen that tells me to take it back to the Verizon store! No matter how many times I try to use Odin, wipe the factory settings in stock recovery, nothing works... would Kies help me?

There is a thread on xda on how to fix this. If you are on Verizon then put phone into download mode and connect to the verizon upgrade assistant it will correct the problem. Here's the link for the guide

[GUIDE] Debrick 4.3 NOW WITH OFFICIAL VERIZON VRUCML1 TAR FILE [SOFT BRICK] - xda-developers

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

BUT I just sent in my phone on Thursday, 5 days under the warranty deadline, heheheh. If they don't do anything with it, at least I know I can get to 4.3. It would be nice if they just gave me ICS back, so that I way I can can get a bootloader back.

Thank you.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the opposite, after playing around with ROMS with my unlocked and rooted S3 for over a year, I decided I needed a stable phone that worked with all my apps, especially wifi, and all ROMS have wifi connection issues, so I decided to lock it down baby and now I am running stock TW 4.3 JB with Nova Launcher, could not be happier, phone is smooth as butter and everything works as it should, got tired of playing around with all those ROMS, and like I said, needed a stable working phone.