trident cyclops available for x

sugarnova

Reaction score
I may have to break down and get this one. I've had the Otterbox Commuter and am using the Dual case from the Verizon store right now. The Kraken is just too big for my taste. I'll have to see how well the notification bar responds with the cyclops before I pull the trigger, though.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX using DroidForums App

Janet1025

Reaction score
Ok call me crazy but it still looks about the same size, I am on the verge of ordering the Otterbox Impact, because I love my Kraken for daily use since I work semi outdoors but I need a thinner case for weekends with the kids....

Is this slimmer? Do you know what the difference is between this and the Kraken??

Last edited:
Reaction score
This thing looks about the same as the Kraken.

Of course maximum protection does need a thick material to absorb impacts, but there has to be a limit.

Thin protection is what I'm after...............hard to find.

Steve

Janet1025

Reaction score
This thing looks about the same as the Kraken.

Of course maximum protection does need a thick material to absorb impacts, but there has to be a limit.

Thin protection is what I'm after...............hard to find.

Steve

Steve, you have a Defender right? Can I ask what was wrong with it? You just ordered a Commuter? I already have my Kraken for maximum protection now need thin for non working outings, Kraken slightly too big to hold and chase a 2 and 4 yr old boy at Chuck E Cheese LOL...

I dont like the way my thumb would hit the case(front buttons) with the Seido(judging from the pics), so thinking Otterbox Impact would be thin enough and it covers the front buttons which Im used to with the Kraken...

I wonder if Verizon sells them, I'd really like to try one in person instead of ordering online, I think if I get one more Droid Accesory in the mail the hubby will have a fit, he just doesnt get the smartphone thing, hence my reason for getting my fix on this forum. .:icon_eek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the Defender a lot, the holster is great. But at the same time, I don't like wearing a phone on my belt so I would like to find good protection in a thinner package that I could keep in my pocket.

Best Buy has the full line of Otterbox cases, and I got my Defender from Verizon when I bought my phone. Not sure if Verizon has all 3 cases, but it would be worth a call to find out if there isn't a Best Buy near you.

Steve

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I used the kraken now I'm back with the defender otterbox case. I really don't like the silicone on the outside of the otterbox. But the belt clip is what sold me on that case. And I use the sedio innocase for when I want the phone to be sleek ans slim.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

OP
H

hemi1300

Reaction score
I also have the incipio but every time i use it i always end up going right back to the kraken. Love the built in screen protector and durability of the kraken, just don't feel the incipio will offer that much protection. I work in construction and love having the kraken holstered so i can easily access the phone, yes the holster is pretty cheap but i have not had a single problem with it thus far, even figured out how to put a new belt clip on the holster if it does indeed break. Very interested in the cyclops but there isn't a holster available yet, and i have gotten very accustomed to using the kraken holster. Spoke to trident rep today and they do have plans for a holster for the cyclops and said about 5-6 weeks before it's available. Sounds like they're working on a re-design of the kraken holster also, since so many have complained about it. If the cyclops is a bit smaller/thinner than the kraken but with all the same features (built in screen protector, dust covers, port plugs), then it would be the perfect case imo

OP
H

hemi1300

Reaction score
Now the release date is backed up to march 12th, dangit! Very anxious to try out the cyclops

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk