Trident cases

Mwfernandez80

Reaction score
So I'm debating whether to get the kraken or he cyclops, any ideas?
Or would I just be better off with a Otter box, and if so, which one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

murf0217

Reaction score
I just received the Cyclops and it looks and feels great! I have the Otterbox Defender as well as the Trident Kraken. Both are also nice, but the Kraken jsut feels almost too big and bulky to me. The Cyclops is close to the same size as the Defender. I also think the buttons are way more responsive on the Cyclops than the Defender (and little better than the Kraken). So far very pleased with the Cyclops. Now, if only they had more colors!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Kraken for the Xoom :)

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I bought the Cyclops also. Very happy with it until I noticed a scratch on the back of the battery door from the the bottom case. There was a little nub sticking up in the middle of the case from looks like when they molded the piece. I ended up using a knife and paring it down flat but obviously too late already.

Also, took off the optional lens protector for the camera. It prevented barcode scanner from properly scanning and effecting image quality on the camera.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mwfernandez80

Reaction score
Ya I got mine a week or so ago, and I really like it, I haven't tried the kraken or any otterboxes though

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Matte242

Reaction score
Dude...I have had an otterbox defender for about 3 months and have dropped it several times without any issues. Go to youtube and search for it. One dude throws his phone in an otterbox case off his 30ft roof with no scratches or issues...Otterbox all the way!

murf0217

Reaction score
I like the Defender too, especially for the belt clip it comes with and how well it protects the phone. I just don't think, compared to the Trident cases (bot Cyclops and Kraken) the buttons are responsive. I think it's due to how loose the silicone sits over the button area.

Richard3

Reaction score
is the trident kraken or Cyclops smaller? and if so by how much?

OP
M

Mwfernandez80

Reaction score
The Cyclops is a little smaller, but it still does a great job of protecting
From what I've learned, the kraken is just the ultimate protector, but I am perfectly pleased with my cyclops.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jordan8

Reaction score
The Cyclops is a little smaller, but it still does a great job of protecting
From what I've learned, the kraken is just the ultimate protector, but I am perfectly pleased with my cyclops.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Could you take a picture of your Cyclops with a quarter or something similar standing up next to it? :heart:

Richard3

Reaction score
Ill take some pics after I get mine. Proably going to be a couple days though