Transition from slider to M?

nickm1983

Reaction score
Has anyone made this transition? I am seriously considering it. I love my keyboard (I have since my original EnV) and my D3 but I have no idea when another competent slider will be released (Strat 2 does not impress me) and I have an upgrade in a month. I have done a ton of research and tried numerous phones down at Verizon corporate... the M will be what I go with for sure if nothing else blows me away in the next month.

Has anyone else made this transition? How has it been? Thanks guys.

hillmom

Reaction score
My previous phone was a D3. It was a replacement when my 2 year old watered my DX. To be honest, I never really liked the D3, seemed like such a let down from the X. However, when I did move to the M, I missed the keyboard at first.

I fired up the D3 a couple days ago, so my daughter could play a game and I could still have use of my phone. Honestly, the D3 seemed so slow and chunky. I Iove the M, and SwiftKey keyboard makes not having the physical keyboard so worth it.

Sent from my XT907

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Not exactly the same but I also went from a slider(Droid 2) to a touchscreen(g nexus) and so far, it's no problem. It just takes a few days to adjust but otherwise, not much else. You might want to try Swype if you don't like the stock virtual keyboard though.

Breakfast beats worrying.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
You can definitely make the switch. I came from a keyboard, and after using Swype for a little while, I don't miss the keyboard at all. My wife still has her keyboard, but never uses it after discovering Swype. She's the one that turned me on to it. I cannot think of a phoned with a keyboard that could hold a candle to the RazrM anyway. Jump on it. You won't regret it.

OP
N

nickm1983

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for all the help and info guys. I use swype a lot on my D3 as is haha... so that should make it even easier. Now I'm just worried about the Razr M HD (or something of that ilk) coming out the week after I pick up my M haha.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
I played with a few physical keyboards in stores. Never liked them. Never had one. Swype is awesome.