Slider Wiggle

mrgrim94

Reaction score
How much is normal, mine has just recently started to be a little more loose than I thought it was supposed to be. Does anyone else have a loose slider, will this be a problem for me down the road?

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
These phones are great but the quality control in the manufacturing process really stinks. So, I would say the play you are experiencing is perfectly normal, for 20% or so of Droid owners.....

drewshaver

Reaction score
by slider do you mean the volume rocker? mine is really loose, been like that since day 1

CyBuzz

Reaction score
I talked to verizon yesterday. they said they could send me one out and me send mine back. they would determine if I broke it or if it was defective. I am just going to go to a store today and see what they say.

my slider is loose and the bottom of it bounces when closed

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I talked to verizon yesterday. they said they could send me one out and me send mine back. they would determine if I broke it or if it was defective. I am just going to go to a store today and see what they say.

Yea, my last Droid did the same thing, along with draining the battery at an accelerated rate. Both those problems were resolved with the new Droid I got.

AdilSD

Reaction score
Mine did the same, was one of the first units. I had it replaced and so far so good.
Adil

swallman

Reaction score

When you say yours "bounces", what do you mean exactly ? I noticed last night that the left side of my screen (in portrait mode) moves up/down when I press down on the screen. The left moves up/down as well, just not as much. Didn't notice this originally (didn't really pay attention), so not sure if this is normal or not ?

JamesX

Reaction score
Return and replace it :)

Mine started to wiggle after the third day.

The replacement is rock solid.

A little bit of wiggle is normal, but if your slide start to feel clicky when you are using the touch screen near the edge then it is not normal (IMHO).

I replaced mine.

Some have said that a case usually firms it up, but if you are within your 30 days why risk it getting worse?

CyBuzz

Reaction score
when you push the screen on the left side wwhen in portrait, the screen moves closer to the keyboard. there is a considerable gap between the screen and keyboard.

I am out of my 30 days. I took it to the store and got the 'it is normal wear and tear'. I said I would watch it and they will be seeing me if it gets any worse.

they said it has a 1 year warranty, so I have a year. it was a tough one cause the guy at the store had a driod, that did it too, just not as bad and he thought that was normal...as did the manager.

JamesX

Reaction score
The Store manager said mine is normal wear and tear too. And refuse to replace it and became very adversarial. Instead of trying to resolve my issues with the phone. He tried repeatedly to "force" me to keep the phone by bringing up various punitive fees associated with me returning it.

Since I was in my 30 days I returned the whole thing and almost switched to iPhone because of his customer service.

People on this board told me to just ignore the store manager event and just call Verizon Online Tech Support. I called and with 0 hassel a new phone is on its way with all the fees (aside form the purchase price) waived.

So try online customer/tech support if the Store is giving you the run around. If they replace your phone it will be shipped overnight (should be free as well).