Transferring pictures via micro sd card

stolen678

Reaction score
Hello all at droid forums! Currently I am having quite the issue, one i have never experienced before. I had a Droid 2, and i had about 800 pictures on a 32gb mirosd card. I was just given a Droid Bionic by a family friend. When I look at the SD card contents on my Droid 2, I can clearly see every photo and view it. However, when I put the same SD card into the Bionic, I can see that all 806 or so pictures are there, but if I try to view them I get a message saying that there is no image data. How can I fix this? I tried putting photos in the DCIM folder, but found no luck there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stolen678

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Try clearing the data for your gallery then reboot your phone.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
What exactly do you mean?

Go into settings > applications > manage apps > all > then find your gallery app. Select it, then select clear data, then press ok on the next prompt. After that, turn off your phone, then turn it back on.

OP
S

stolen678

Reaction score
This did not work. Please note that these pictures are scattered across downloads, camera, kik, instagram, and many other files.

OP
S

stolen678

Reaction score
No luck so far, not really receiving any help from internet searches either.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Try going into your DCIM folder, locating the .thumbnails folder, and deleting all its contents, then letting it repopulate.

OP
S

stolen678

Reaction score
How useful would that be, considering I have one picture in my DCIM folder?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The .thumbnail folder is what generates the previews in your gallery. Even the ones not in the DCIM folder.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Or, you can try copying everything to your computer, formatting your SD card, then putting your stuff back on the SD card.

OP
S

stolen678

Reaction score
I will copy everything on my sdcard as soon as possible, but i cleared my thumbnail folder I'm the DCIM a few hours ago, and have not seen any improvement. Now when I attempt to view a picture i get "error displaying media!"

OP
S

stolen678

Reaction score
Yes, I have. I now have 81 items in the thumbnails folder. I am still getting the issue "there is no image data to display"

phil72

Reaction score
I'm actually trying a similar task with no luck, I'm new to android as I've had iPhone's for years decided time for z change but damn it sucks learning all this info. I'm tryinh to put the picd and music from my phone to my sd card want to keep all that and similar files on the sd card, that way the drive in the phone can hold my apps etc. Well wish you luck imbsure persistence will pay off always does for me.
Phone I'm using is the GS3 way nicer then my iphone 4s was and I wasn't getting the 5 so GS3 was my choice, I haven't regretted it at all I wish I'd seen the light sooner! Lol