transferring contacts to Droid

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seeing as i dont care too much about the contacts on my listing (privacy wise) i wouldn't mind doing it that way, but there will be quite a few if they need to do it that way, might be alittle upset.

gehx

Reaction score
google sync?

assuming your using a google account....google should be making google sync for the droid, wouldn't u think? I use it on my bb and it works good, y doesn't google make it for the droid? (am I totally mistaken?)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that was for the phones that aren't smart phones at the moment, seeing as that looks like a screen from my phone (lg voyager). The older phones don't support that, they only support the VZW apps.

gehx

Reaction score
I think that was for the phones that aren't smart phones at the moment, seeing as that looks like a screen from my phone (lg voyager). The older phones don't support that, they only support the VZW apps.

lol...i gathered that after i read through the verizon page a second time....yeah, i'm slooooooooooooow lol

Szyslak

Reaction score
Well that's simple enough. I already have the backup assistant running, but it didn't really occur to me to port it over to google contacts. Hopefully it will be as easy as they make it sound when there are multiple numbers per contact.

Thanks for the link mchoffa.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
In preparation for this device I made sure my stuff was in the google cloud. Wont need Verizons help transferring contacts to the new device now. :D

mobcritter

Reaction score
works great

I've already exported my Backup Assistant numbers and imported them to my Gmail contacts. It was very easy! Now when I get my Droid tomorrow (2009/11/09) they'll sync in.

Also cancelled VZNAV & Visual VoiceMail as there are free apps on the Droid to replace these.

mobcritter

PS You can, of course, have your contacts copied from your old phone to your Droid at your local Verizon store. Even if you didn't buy it there.

Last edited:

Scoobz

Reaction score
Welp. I wish I knew this before I activated my droid and went into the local retailer and asked them to transfer my contacts over..

Now that I have my droid and it is already activated is there any way to get my contacts over? I cant use backup asst. on my old phone after its already deactivated, right?