Sync Contacts TO Google FROM Droid?

Mercutio

Reaction score
I know that if I add a NEW contact, I am able to sync it with my Gmail account, but what about existing contacts, which were transferred from my old phone at the Verizon store? Is it possible to sync them into my Gmail contact list from the Droid?

Been trying to figure out a way to do this without having to delete them all and add them back in manually.

Thanks!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it should do it automatically... you might want to double check your sync options

settings > Accounts & Sync Options > your gmail

look to see if the sync contacts line is checked

OP
M

Mercutio

Reaction score
Yes, it is. I have two Gmail accts, and both have sync contacts enabled. And the contacts sync, near instantly, from the Gmail accts to the Droid, but not ever from the Droid to Gmail... unless I add a new contact, in which case a prompt asks me if I want to sync them.

For contacts added before I enabled my Gmail accts, ie at the Verizon store upon initial activation, there is no prompt and thus my existing accts are not synced from my Droid to Gmail.

So new contacts, yes they sync to Gmail. Existing contacts do not.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hrmm.... i dunno man im at a loss then... you would think it would sync all contacts no matter when they were placed on the phone.

bspill

Reaction score
I was able to sync contacts with Google that were moved to the droid by Verizon. First I moved the contacts to the SD card (there's a menu option for that). Then I imported the Vcard File from the SD card to Google.

kevin1016

Reaction score
With the amount of time trying to figure it out you could probably just plop them onto Gmail and be done with it.

MrMan

Reaction score
skydeck

I just moved over from a Storm 2, literally in the last 14hours, I had skydeck on my BB, and it worked beautifully on the Droid

sir

Reaction score
i actually took the opportunity to manually go through my iPhone and add contacts to GMail - left people out I didn't want, updated more info for all the contacts I did.

Still wish there was a twitter app that would add twitter accounts to contacts so you can directly tweet them.