Transfering : NEW DROID TURBO 2

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Tomorrow i am switching from a droid turbo to a new droid turbo 2. I need help transferring everything over. I am not worried about the apps i can just write those down but is there a way so i can make sure my wifi passwords and other useful information information that i am probably forgetting gets transferred over. Thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes there is. On the old phone go to Settings > Backup & Restore and turn Backup My Data to On. That will sync wifi password and other items to your Google account. On the new phone turn on the same Setting.

Also when you activate your new phone you should see an option to transfer data via NFC. Select that and tap both phones together like the on screen instructions will show and let the process copy a lot of your app data and Settings.

For music and pictures you can back those up to a cloud storage service or copy them to a computer from the old phone and then copy to the new phone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Perfect that sounds easy. Thank you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No problem. Good luck and congrats on the new phone. I still like mine a lot, no reason whatsoever to switch at the moment. And we just received Android 6.0.1 so Moto & Verizon are still supporting this phone.

Wadman

Reaction score
No problem. Good luck and congrats on the new phone. I still like mine a lot, no reason whatsoever to switch at the moment. And we just received Android 6.0.1 so Moto & Verizon are still supporting this phone.

My android version still reads 6.0 on my T2. When did you get the 6.0.1 update?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My android version still reads 6.0 on my T2. When did you get the 6.0.1 update?

My wife and I both updated about 2 weeks ago. I have seen some reports on the Moto forum and Verizon website that it is not available at times. Typical responses: "the update rolls out in waves, be patient".

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Did it bring you anything different

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did it bring you anything different

WiFi calling is probably the biggest "new" feature. I don't really need it where I live & work since I am lucky enough to always have a good LTE signal. But for folks that have no signal & do have WiFi they can now make calls. And it looks like Bluetooth is not draining my battery as fast as it was on 6.0, so that's a plus for me.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Is there a place that has all the changes.....I have 6.0 on my turbo, I guess my question is what all did 6.0 bring. I am coming from a turbo with lollipop. Should I have doze?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Verizon website only lists WiFi calling as the new feature. What I can tell you about 6.0.1 is there are new emoji, we get the double tap power button for camera launch (we already have chop) and Do Not Disturb Until...

You should have Doze already on your Tubro 2 with Android 6.0. Here is the thread that talks about the 6.0.1 update for the Turbo 2, in case I forgot to mention any new features.

Droid Turbo 2 update adds WiFi Calling

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is there a place that has all the changes.....I have 6.0 on my turbo, I guess my question is what all did 6.0 bring. I am coming from a turbo with lollipop. Should I have doze?

Here is what I know about Doze (quoted from the Google developer page):

If a user leaves a device unplugged and stationary for a period of time, with the screen off, the device enters Doze mode. In Doze mode, the system attempts to conserve battery by restricting apps' access to network and CPU-intensive services. It also prevents apps from accessing the network and defers their jobs, syncs, and standard alarms.

Periodically, the system exits Doze for a brief time to let apps complete their deferred activities. During this maintenance window, the system runs all pending syncs, jobs, and alarms, and lets apps access the network.

At the conclusion of each maintenance window, the system again enters Doze, suspending network access and deferring jobs, syncs, and alarms. Over time, the system schedules maintenance windows less and less frequently, helping to reduce battery consumption in cases of longer-term inactivity when the device is not connected to a charger.

As soon as the user wakes the device by moving it, turning on the screen, or connecting a charger, the system exits Doze and all apps return to normal activity.

As Mustang mentioned in the Tubro 1 Update thread, Doze is part of the system and cannot be turned On or Off. To control doze on individual apps go to Settings > Battery > Three dot menu > Battery Optimization > select an app in the list and either Optimize or Don't optimize. As an example the only one I have manually set to Don't Optimize is Android Wear. If Doze Mode were to optimize Android Wear it might break the Bluetooth connection between my phone and watch.