Transfering from Droid to Droid X ?? How to

GatorDroid

Reaction score
Like most Droid owner's I have a ton of apps, some of which have backed up material within the app. If I get an X next week and switch from my droid, I understand that all my contacts will sync through Google, and I could remove all the apps from my Droid and then reinstall all the apps on the X which would now have my google email, but does anyone have a better suggestion so I can keep additional info. I have Backup Pro, and some have advised that I just remove the SD card from the Droid, put it in the X and his restore and all the info will transfer over.
Anyone have any detailed ways of transferring everything with the least confusion and not losing any info

ndhill1976

Reaction score
I would make a list on paper no matter what you do in case your method fails.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can also use Astro to back up all your installed APK files onto your sdcard. You won't get data but will have all the installation files for your apps. Then you can just install them all at once on the new phone.

The market knows what you have installed. It should just redownload your apps for you again automatically. This works for me sometimes, and sometimes doesn't.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can also use Astro to back up all your installed APK files onto your sdcard. You won't get data but will have all the installation files for your apps. Then you can just install them all at once on the new phone.

The market knows what you have installed. It should just redownload your apps for you again automatically. This works for me sometimes, and sometimes doesn't.

yea the first time you sign into your gmail acct and go to the market it should show all the ones you have downloaded. just redownload then