Transfering apps

17redman17

Reaction score
My droid has broken but I can still use 't. I was wondering if there is a wan to transfer my apps over to my new phone so I don't lose them or have to redownload them all. Like a file jpampddp app? Gag anyone tried astro file Manager? Any ideas thanks. I have a droid incredible 2

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My droid has broken but I can still use 't. I was wondering if there is a wan to transfer my apps over to my new phone so I don't lose them or have to redownload them all. Like a file jpampddp app? Gag anyone tried astro file Manager? Any ideas thanks. I have a droid incredible 2

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Your apps will download automatically to your new phone. All you have to do is make sure both Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy menu. Once you've entered you gmail username and password and accept the terms of Google's market the apps will download.

good luck.

REMilk

Reaction score
I found there is a bug in the App Market and not all your downloaded apps will automatically restore. 100% of my purchased apps restoreed automatically, but less than 25% of the free apps were automatically restored.

If you got apps from the Amazon AppStore, or other places sich as SlideMe, then these need to be manually restored.

Take this as an opportunity to try 'other' apps than the ones you were using. You might change.

Bob

rherron

Reaction score
I just switched to the RAZR this week. Not all of my apps automatically showed up on the new phone, or even in the "My Apps" list in the Market. It could be me, I don't know.

But I backed everything up with Astro File Manager. I copied the "backup" file from my DOID Pro to my PC desktop. I downloaded Astro (free) on the RAZR and plugged it in to my PC. I copied the backup folder to the new device. Unplugged from PC. Opened Astro and restored all of the programs.

Basically, all of the APK files were there. You just have to click to install them one at a time. Be careful when attempting to install system files. Some things will be on your new phone already and you don't want to replace those with potentially older versions. You'll be prompted. Read the prompts.

Very, very easy.

Do note, you'll lose some data -- like all the progress on Angry Birds. That's probably stored somewhere, and someone can probably post how to transfer that, but I didn't care.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear you guys are having incomplete restores from Google. I've been at 100% for about a month now. I mean it re-installs all my paid and all my free apps. Except as noted with stuff I've gotten from Amazon. I just assumed everyone else was having this great success. I guess some times it really is better to lucky than good! :biggrin: