Transfering Factory loaded Notification sounds

Virago

Reaction score
I bought a new phone but like the sounds and ringtones that came with my Maxx. I can't find where on the phone they are stored. Is there anyway to transfer factory installed sounds to a different phone?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Check your MAXX files with File Explorer and you should have folders named Ringtones, Notifications and Alarms. Search for the sound you want there.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought you could only see those files if the phone is rooted? I have never been able to find the phones ringtone files with any explorer app.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I thought you could only see those files if the phone is rooted? I have never been able to find the phones ringtone files with any explorer app.

I just checked mu stock and rooted phones and can't see them on either. Something must have changed with 5.1

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just checked mu stock and rooted phones and can't see them on either. Something must have changed with 5.1
I tried ES File Explorer and same result. I'm on 5.0.1 and could find them on 4.4.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
V

Virago

Reaction score
So, no way to access them on the Razrr Maxx?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think you can. I could never find them on my Droid Razr M either and that was on JB and KK. I have seen standard tones for many different model phones in the Zedge app. You could try installing Zedge and see if you can download the specific Razr Maxx tones you like to your new phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our sister site, Androidforums.net , has a thread dedicated to stock ringtone files. I haven't been over there in a while to see how long it's been since updated but that's where I used to get Moto tones for my HTC and Samsung devices.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4