Peculiarl Ringtone Issue

RC54

Reaction score
I'm experiencing a very peculiar problem on my Maxx that is just driving me crazy. The phone is rooted stock ROM.

After removing the external SD card I go into Settings>Sound>Default Notification and the very last ringtone listed in the list is called Watson Short Notification. I'm pretty sure that this is not one of the original ringtones that the phone ships with so using ES File Explorer I tried to find the file on the internal storage. I looked in almost every folder, did searches, etc. but cannot find this ringtone file anywhere.

So then I thought maybe it was listed under a different name somehow so, still using ES File Explorer I went through and listened to each ringtone in the Ringtones folder and the Notifications folder, or any of the other folders and none of them played the sound that I get when I select the Watson Short Notification in the Sound settings.

This is very strange. I've searched all through the internal storage folders and cannot find any other .ogg files other than what are listed in the />system>media>audio folders.

Anybody have any ideas?

OP
R

RC54

Reaction score
Not that I know of. I don't have any third party ringtone apps installed.

Well, I lied. I forgot that I had a ringtone editor installed and that was what originally created the Watson Short Notification ringtone. As soon as I remembered that I was able to properly deal with it. It's still peculiar to me why I couldn't find the actual file using ES File Explorer. But, nonetheless I'm happy to have resolved it.

Thanks for leading me onto the right path, Miller6386!!

Randy