Transfering Contacts "Dumbphone" to a Droid

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup easy as pie, well could be, few more steps then i wanted to deal with but whatever. :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe that best buy is touting that everything will be transferred for you, VZW may or may not.. i hope they do, just to make everything easier for people.

Jason

Reaction score
I hope Verizon does. I remember when my phone would break and I would get a new voyager they would transfer the contacts to the new phone easily but maybe its different when switching to a smart phone but hopefully not

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is different, they want to save your contacts through their app, then use the webpage to transfer it to google, then from google upload it to your phone.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I don't want Verizon to transfer anything for me. I already went to Google Contacts and added everyone's phone number, email address, and physical address so I can be ready to call, text, email , or navigate to anyone as soon as I log into my google account on the Droid.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I don't want Verizon to transfer anything for me. I already went to Google Contacts and added everyone's phone number, email address, and physical address so I can be ready to call, text, email , or navigate to anyone as soon as I log into my google account on the Droid.

+1 that's what I have done, I knew I was getting this phone so I prepared. Log in to my Google account and bam, contacts, calendar all ready to go.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mean you can do the same thing that they would, if you follow the same directions from the website, just use the backup app, save them to the web, download them from verizons contact list, then on our google account upload it from the file form and you should be good.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
I did it before when I got my last phone. I know it's different now, but it was easy back then. The only thing that didn't work was saving my pictures. I don't know if I did something wrong. Now I don't care if my pix are saved or not.

Neofite

Reaction score
I transfered all my contacts over this passed weekend also used Bitpim to get the pics off my Dare on to my computer.

moparharn

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? I gotta go thru all this BS just to sync

my phone with my Outlook. Currently I open Blackberry Desktop manager and connect my phone and click Syncronize. This way anything I added to calendar or contacts on either device ends up on the other. I imagine that someone will develop an app for this, but as of this Friday is there no way for me to easily keep my Droid and Computer on the same page? This combined with the recently learned "no tethering" is starting to give me another round of doubt about buying this phone. :mad:

OP
J

jwd45244

Reaction score
my phone with my Outlook. Currently I open Blackberry Desktop manager and connect my phone and click Syncronize. This way anything I added to calendar or contacts on either device ends up on the other. I imagine that someone will develop an app for this, but as of this Friday is there no way for me to easily keep my Droid and Computer on the same page? This combined with the recently learned "no tethering" is starting to give me another round of doubt about buying this phone. :mad:

This thread is about transferring contact from a dumbpone to a Droid not from outlook on a Blackberry. Also the tethering issue has been addressed by Verizon. It is not here , yet but it is coming.