transfer photos from droid to pc wirelessly

abullock22

Reaction score
just went on vacation and took a bunch of pictures, in the move back it seems that i lost my droids battery charger/usb hookup :icon_evil:
is there an app that i can use to send my droid pics to my pc wirelessly - i tried just emailing them all but they have just sat in my gmails inbox and was also time consuming - there must be a better way right?

thanks ill check it out, is it something i need to also download onto my pc..like a dropbox kind of thing?

You can sign up with your existing google account. while there is a photo organizing program that runs on your pc the photos you upload will be stored in your picasa accounto online, where you can order prints or download to your hard drive. Picasa even has a rather light weight photo editing program that runs online called picnik if you need to do any simple photo editing.

If you sign in to your google account (on your pc) just click the <more> tab and select photos

Other options
I've also used Flickr and Photobucket. I did take the Photobucket app off my phone because it was uploading ALL my photos as I took them and some I didn't want on my public account. But if you have a private account you could do that.

Both are in the market.

Could also download ftpserver from the market and then log into your droid from an ftp client on your PC and transfer anything freely to/from the sdcard.

I usually transfer various files with USB cable. Especially, I love to take photos with my Galaxy S4 and then transfer them to my PC for backing up.

But if your computer didn't see your photos, you can attach to an email and open on your PC. This is an easy way to transfer photos from Android to PC.

Last edited:
I have all mine sync with my Dropbox account. It only uploads new photos when I'm in wifi only so it's not using data. Works very well.

Hi....I have just purchased a Droid Turbo and I have a MacBook Pro Laptop Computer. Since my carrier is Verizon, I had to download a Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant. Once I installed it and disconnected my Droid Turbo from it, I thought everything would work correctly. However, when I tried to hook up my Droid Turbo to my laptop again today, to see if it would provide the option to download pics that I had taken on the cellphone to the Mac, instead the Verizon installation prompt appeared on my screen again, as if my Mac wasn't detecting that it had already been downloaded and installed, already....and although the Verizon icon is appearing in the upper tray of my screen. What's more, is when I click on the icon itself to determine what options it gives me, there is no such option to "Open with" or even to highlight a certain photo app. Instead, it only gives me the "option" (as there really is none) to Update the Verizon Upgrade Assistant -- already? Something's wrong with this picture.

Hi....I have just purchased a Droid Turbo and I have a MacBook Pro Laptop Computer. Since my carrier is Verizon, I had to download a Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant. Once I installed it and disconnected my Droid Turbo from it, I thought everything would work correctly. However, when I tried to hook up my Droid Turbo to my laptop again today, to see if it would provide the option to download pics that I had taken on the cellphone to the Mac, instead the Verizon installation prompt appeared on my screen again, as if my Mac wasn't detecting that it had already been downloaded and installed, already....and although the Verizon icon is appearing in the upper tray of my screen. What's more, is when I click on the icon itself to determine what options it gives me, there is no such option to "Open with" or even to highlight a certain photo app. Instead, it only gives me the "option" (as there really is none) to Update the Verizon Upgrade Assistant -- already? Something's wrong with this picture.
I've been using air droid since my x2 days give it a try I'm able to move photos to and from my computer and I'm using a Linux OS
AirDroid File Notifications - Android Apps on Google Play

I think the Verizon software you installed is used to update the software on your phone or repair the OS, not for transferring files back & forth. You may need the Motorola Device Manager software, that is what your laptop needs to recognize the phone as a USB device for file transfers.

Where can I download the USB drivers for my device

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back