Transfer Music From iTunes to Droid X

dwmatty

Reaction score
I want to transfer music from my iTunes library onto my phone. After connecting my Droid X to my computer, I open the media share on my phone. I get a message saying "Memory Card, The memory card is missing. Insert a memory card to access media share".

I called the Verizon store where I purchased the phone, and they told me that I need to convert the music to mp3. I did that. But I keep getting this message on my phone anyway.

What does this message mean? I am not a tech savvy person. What do I need to do to transfer my music to my phone?

In simple terms. Thanks.

OP
D

dwmatty

Reaction score
Droid x doesn't come with a memory card?

detroitwilly

Reaction score
droid x comes with a memory card. Open up your battery case, take the battery out and you'll see it.

Go to Youtube and search itunes to droid x. There is a young kid who shows a pretty easy way of doing it.

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
droid x comes with a memory card. Open up your battery case, take the battery out and you'll see it.

Go to Youtube and search itunes to droid x. There is a young kid who shows a pretty easy way of doing it.

I haven't done it yet, but I believe he's talking about this video:

[video=youtube;GWy6I5fe2xY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWy6I5fe2xY&feature=related[/video]

jsw6380a

Reaction score
That video will show you EXACTLY how to do it..

Good luck..
:icon_ banana:

rkl122

Reaction score
Yes, good video. Hope that kid considers teaching some day.

I haven't transferred my music yet, either, but a related question if I may: Suppose I want to keep the tracks in an album together, or have a symphony play consecutive movements. Can you organize the DX music folder into playlists or subfolders which the player will recognize?

EDIT - Thx jsw; I saw the organization icons in the player, just wasn't sure how the app knows how to keep related tracks together. Guess I'll just transfer a few and see.... Thx.

Last edited:

jsw6380a

Reaction score
After u have the songs downloaded you can organize however you like.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

donballz

Reaction score
Wow, that video is a terrible method.

Get iTunes Agent. It's free and you'll be glad you did.

wawzat

Reaction score
iSyncr works great, I prefer it to doubletwist. Also, you can play aac encoded music directly without converting to mp3.

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score

Do you download iTunes Agent to your computer or to the phone? And then how does it work.....what's the process? :confused:

I'm old.

Lexington

Reaction score
Using the method the kid used, can I add subfolders in the music folder as to make playlists of some sort or would it not work?

donballz

Reaction score

Do you download iTunes Agent to your computer or to the phone? And then how does it work.....what's the process? :confused:

I'm old.

Sure, my bad.

It's a computer program that interfaces droid devices with iTunes. Simply create a playlist on iTunes that you want to keep synced with your Droid. I created a smart playlist where I can change the details of a song to make Grouping = D. This makes the list easy to edit, but it can be any playlist.

Then just right click the tray icon to set up your device (in mass storage mode, non debugging). Then you can right click and sync everyday if you want to keep your music fresh.

iTunes Agent will automatically create folders to keep your music organized.