Traffic Notification Widget Missing in New Version of Google Maps

tonezone

Reaction score
When I first got this phone I stumbled upon a very useful widget that was part of Google maps. You select an address and make an icon like the one below. It told you how long it took to reach that location from your current location, and if you clicked on it, it loaded the location in Google maps so you could quickly get to turn by turn navigation. Basically you could set it up for home, work, school, etc, and quickly know how long it will take to get there and start GPS navigation quickly.

However since the recent update to Google maps, this widget has dissappeared. Is there still a way to use this widget, or a good alternative?

images.jpeg

Jas00

Reaction score
Traffic Widget installer

When I first got this phone I stumbled upon a very useful widget that was part of Google maps. You select an address and make an icon like the one below. It told you how long it took to reach that location from your current location, and if you clicked on it, it loaded the location in Google maps so you could quickly get to turn by turn navigation. Basically you could set it up for home, work, school, etc, and quickly know how long it will take to get there and start GPS navigation quickly.

However since the recent update to Google maps, this widget has dissappeared. Is there still a way to use this widget, or a good alternative?

View attachment 64858

Search for this file online: " Google Maps 6.14.4 apk4.net.apk ", copy it to your Android device, click on it and it will install Google Maps containing the Traffic Widget. But, thereafter, Google Maps v7 will notify you of the newer update. Do not update to v7, else you will lose the Traffic widget once again.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
The new Google Maps has a direct Navigation widget but doesn't have the time listed like the old widget. Google Now has Traffic Times Card if you want to use that.