Google traffic widget

Kboss375

Reaction score
Pretty sweet widget, simple and it works. I usually work from home but this will be great when I have to travel the killer highway of I-84 in CT on days in the office.

kyler13

Reaction score
I set this up this morning, but as I was thinking about it, how does it know your route? I mean, in my area there are a few different ways to get to work, so is it warning me of any impending delay, and if so, what's to say my route isn't fine? I have been using traffic.com's text notification system which lets you map your route and set the time range and days to notify you. I like the google traffic visual on my homescreen because it's dynamic based on your current location to the destination set by your widget, but providing only destination information seems a bit short-sighted.

Kboss375

Reaction score
I think what it does is just show the city that you entered, it would be pretty cool to be able to map out your trip and get exact notifications like that other place you mentioned.

kyler13

Reaction score
I think what it does is just show the city that you entered, it would be pretty cool to be able to map out your trip and get exact notifications like that other place you mentioned.

I provided a specific address and it gives me a green/yellow/red with the time to reach destination. Has to be based on a specific path. I do like the fact that it's dynamic, based on your current location, so no matter where I currently am, it gives me the time to get to the destination set by the widget. I suppose because of that, it's hard to specify a route when the source location is variable based on your location service (where you currently are). It would be nice, though, to set up a widget with a fixed destination AND source. The only problem with the current widget as it stands is that I'd like to know what route it's assuming.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I'm loving this app, firsr time using it helped me avoid two accidents.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

iRenegade

Reaction score
How is the battery usage? Some of the comments on Droid Life say it eats it up!

OP
bernardino5

bernardino5

Reaction score
How is the battery usage? Some of the comments on Droid Life say it eats it up!

If u leave ur GPS on yes it will eat ur batt but once u reach ur destination u should turn it off and problem solved u don't really need ur GPS on for anything unless ur using maps for accuracy otherwise u should always have it off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

indygreg

Reaction score
I'm loving this app, firsr time using it helped me avoid two accidents.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

How did it help you avoid them? I just found the widget and am trying to figure out how it knows routes and/or tells me how to modify my routes. Like many, I have different routes to work, but there are two majorly different overall paths from my home (NE Indy) to downtown Indy - going west to 31 or East to 37.