Trackball

HUC1998

Reaction score
Does any one know if u can change the color of the trackball???

snyluc13

Reaction score
not at the moment no, i know the N1 has the possibility of changing colors but not the eris.
i wish there was a way to do it too, i think its just a single color led in there though.

mackiv

Reaction score
Ultimate droid v10 apparently has that function because I just updated to it and was searching the forums about it and found this thread.

ErisDroid?

Reaction score
An even easier way to change the color might be to color it with a Sharpie. This probably wouldn't void your warranty and you would have to frankenstien your phone. (That kinda scared me)

Gabraham

Reaction score
So my Trackball doesn't seem to want to scroll left or down, as you may well know that presents a problem when it comes to flashing new software, can anyone let me know of this is a hardware or software bug or if there's a way around it for flashing until I can visit my local Verizon store?

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

kkeys147

Reaction score
Hardware problem.

Try plugging in a charger and wiggling it around while you try to scroll down. Also squeezing the case around the trackball can be helpful.

The sensor for trackball movement is part of the same board the charger plugs in to.
I've never heard of a way to navigate the recovery menu without using the trackball.

This is a common problem and one I'm personally very familiar with.
Good luck!

Gabraham

Reaction score
Oo
Hardware problem.

Try plugging in a charger and wiggling it around while you try to scroll down. Also squeezing the case around the trackball can be helpful.

The sensor for trackball movement is part of the same board the charger plugs in to.
I've never heard of a way to navigate the recovery menu without using the trackball.

This is a common problem and one I'm personally very familiar with.
Good luck!
Thanks much jiggling the charger worked fine

Sent from my FroShedYo V10-ERIS using DroidForums App