Touchscreen stop responding

pico1

Reaction score
Anyone ever have this? I was playing words with friends and my touchscreen just stopped working. My home buttons, side buttons still responded, so it wasn't frozen. But no response on the touchscreen actions. Had to hard reset...

therangersteve

Reaction score
Had it happen, waited a few minutes and it worked next time I tried to wake it up.

jcp70

Reaction score
Its happened to me a few times, didn't wait for it to respond just did a hard reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Anyone ever have this? I was playing words with friends and my touchscreen just stopped working. My home buttons, side buttons still responded, so it wasn't frozen. But no response on the touchscreen actions. Had to hard reset...

Are you running a launcher such as LauncherPro? Could also possibly be another app.

Dweib

Reaction score
My angry birds freezes up on me from time to time. Wait a moment and it usually unfreezes. But sometimes I have to do a hard reset. Which I have to do when the browser stops responding. My friend with an older Droid has same problem.

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
Are you running a launcher such as LauncherPro? Could also possibly be another app.

Negative, I was just playing Words with Friends... and it wouldn't respond so I rebooted. I have a feeling I'm partly to blame for Alec's behavior, he's so impatient....

Shadow9879

Reaction score
Happened to me twice..... i just kept it locked for about a minute and it responds.

satarecah

Reaction score
its a os bug atm i know that had it happen once and was like !!!!!!!!!! o.o and then it came back i was like phew! but its just a bug that happens not soo often i think its aggravated by custom ui lol

Oaklands

Reaction score
Happened when my son went tap crazy punching talking tom cat 2.

tc1

Reaction score
Happens to me sometimes when trying to double tap a picture to zoom in.

Getting pretty irritating actually.

Lizz94

Reaction score
This happened twice in the past 30 minutes - both times while playing Words with Friends. I've played WWF (uh oh, don't tell the World Wildlife Federation I used their acronym) plenty in between, and haven't had the problem. It happened once before, a couple weeks ago, but I don't remember what I was doing at the time. I just got a bit annoyed, did a hard reset, and went on with my life. Good to know it might come back after a few minutes. Might just try waiting next time.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Mine did that tonight while I was leaving a voicemail message for someone. He heard me struggling to turn it off and cussing, lol. I had to do a hard reset to get it unstuck. It's the first time, but as all first time's, I'm sure it'll happen again. It's time for the dang update!