Touchdown vs. Native Exchange/Corporate Sync

Tzabar

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am using a Droid Pro (Gingerbread, rooted) and am suffering from the weak battery life. Yes, an extended battery is on the way... but I only expect a 30% boost. That having been said, I am looking to minimize CPU and RAM usage as much as possible.

I currently have my exchange emails coming through the native, universal inbox and am having my emails pushed. I have gone through Titanium and counted 5 processes that need to run to ensure that Corporate Sync functions properly. I am thinking about moving to Touchdown and thus freezing those 5 processes.

Does Touchdown need many resources to run properly? Is it minimal? Does anyone have extended experience with the application?

Thank you.

Grievous

Reaction score
I've been using Touchdown since I got my Droid1 back in Jan/2010
I needed a reliable email/calendar tool for my work and Touchdown has never once even given me the slightest hiccup.
I never saw it show up in my battery usage stats.

I am now running it on my Bionic and it performs flawlessly.
Right now the process is at 28M resident RAM with an average CPU usage of 0.5%

tennvol

Reaction score
I still don't think you need to be worried about processes running on your pro. if you want instant email then things are going to run in the background all the time, there is no way around that.

I think there are settings in touchdown that allow you to not sync contacts or calendar. I haven't used touchdown in a few months so I can't remember if this is 100% accurate or not.

The android os does a great job managing programs. If anything the biggest drain on the pro is the screen, and this is coming from someone who can burn through 2 extended batteries in a 18 hour period.

Im curious as to what percentage of battery touchdown is using on your pro.
Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am using a Droid Pro (Gingerbread, rooted) and am suffering from the weak battery life. Yes, an extended battery is on the way... but I only expect a 30% boost. That having been said, I am looking to minimize CPU and RAM usage as much as possible.
Are those your biggest battery hogs? If not, you're using an ineffective approach to improving your battery life.

RealtorBob

Reaction score
Configuring Touchdown

Hello, I'm a new Droid user and new to the forum. My BlackBerry bit the dust today and I made the move to a Droid Bionic. I also downloaded Touchdown to sync Outlook with the exchange server we just started using through GoDaddy. All this new technology is getting the best of me. I'm unable to successfully configure Touchdown and was wondering if I might be able to get some much needed help. Thanks in advance. Bob