Touch Screen no longer responding

fulner

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid (A855) that I've had since 11/09.

At the time my issue first occred (2 days ago) I was running the current stable version of CyangenMod.

Whilst on the phone with a friend I dropped teh phone, picked it up, continued to talk. I realized my friend could not here what I was saying and upon looking at the screen I say the phone was rebooting.

Upon reboot I couldn't get past the SLIDE TO UNLOCK screen.

I tried several battery pulls to no avail.

I was able to use the hard keys, such as the power key, and once in that menu (reboot, plane mode, power off) I was able to access the options using the d-pad on the keyboard.

In recovery mode I tried restoring several previous back ups to no avail, and then finally tried a factory reset, still with no results.

Now I can't get past the WELCOME TO DROID TOUCH THE ANDROID TO BEGIN screen.

I'm no longer under warranyt, and even if I were my red water mark switched months ago (yay toliet).

Insurance is also not an option, as even with insurance I don't have the $ to get a new one as I just lost my job last week, so I'm trying to figure out just how to pay the bills and buy grocieries.

Also all of my PCs are running GNU/Linux so, although me obtaining a Window$ machine for a time may be possible, any suggestions not requring Windoze would be helpful.

Without a job without a phone in Detroit.

luxurymode

Reaction score
Having basically the same issue on my Droid 2. Was running Fission or Apex (can't even remember which...), dropped my phone, and now touch screen not responding. Stuck at WELCOME TO DROID TOUCH THE ANDROID TO BEGIN screen.

OP
F

fulner

Reaction score
My issue has since been resolved simply by allowing my battery to die. Pulling the battery and even using a different battery didn't work. However when I just allowed my phone to completely drain the battery, which took a little over 2 days as I wasn't really running anything, and then charged it with the wall charger, it just started working again. Luckily then I was able to use ROM manager to restore back to before I was screwing around with reflashing and such.

luxurymode

Reaction score
Interesting. How did you ever think of that possibility? I just got done SBF'ing and I'm gonna try letting it die now.... This is gonna take some time.....

OP
F

fulner

Reaction score
I used to work for a company called Parrot. We had a product called the MINIKIT SLIM. it used to lock up similarly and that was the only way to fix it was let its battery die.

luxurymode

Reaction score
Well that was an anti-climactic wait for the battery to die. It didn't help. Gotta send back to Verizon.

Galligo

Reaction score
I have the same issue but I can't even get in the menu screen to reboot!! Menu button won't unlock it as well! Any other suggestions would be appretiated!