Touch Screen Malfunction

MarkMedina

Reaction score
The touch screen on my Droid 4 is all messed up. It works well most of the time, but when it glitches up my phone becomes useless. The problem is that the phone does not respond to touch some of the time. In other words, I cannot answer a call, look up contacts, or pull down my alert bar. When my phone is acting up, I can't slide the pages left or right, or even dial numbers. When I press *611, I get 486 or 949, or sometimes nothing at all. The problem is intermittent. When it works I love my phone, when it doesn't my Droid is a brick.

I exchanged my phone once, but the second phone did the same thing. In fact, my second Droid 4 glitched up as I was walking out of the store, and before I downloaded any apps. I spent a lot of time talking to Verizon tech support, going back to the store, and fighting with my Droid 4. Unfortunately, the problem was never resolved. I finally returned my second Droid 4 and am back on my old Droid X. I plan to purchase the Droid 4 again as soon as I can figure out the problem, or Verizon fixes the issue. The Droid 4 is a great phone other than the glitches I experienced.

I want the Droid 4. I have waited a long time for Motorola to release a full keyboard Droid. The Droid 4 is FAST, very FAST! So fast I have to turn off my wifi so I can use 4g, because it is 3-4x faster than my broadband. I also like the button layouts, interface, and love-love-love the keyboard.

I want to buy the Droid 4 again as soon as possible, but have to wait until this issue is resolved. I am a crisis mental health therapist and cannot have a phone that isn't reliable. If you know something about this issue, I would love to hear from you. By the way, I have been with Verizon for 7-8 years now. They took great care of me and although they were not able to fix the problem they get an A for support and for working with me on this issue.

Mark.

ej0rge

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of a guy named Roy Sullivan?

Roy Sullivan was a U.S. park ranger, who between the years of 1942 and 1977 was struck by lightning no less than 7 times, and survived each lightning strike.

You on the other hand had two phones in a row with the same manufacturing defect.

Roy survived to the age of 71, when he ultimately died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. But not because he was concerned about that inevitable 8th lightning strike - it was over some woman.

Last edited: