Touch screen lock out Droid X

georgevilla

Reaction score
Received my Droid X yesterday. Immediately had a problem. I could not start the activation process, the screen was unresponsive. Called Motorola, they said there was a long wait time for tech support, they took my number and asked until what time they could call back. Three hours latter at my cut off time they hadn't called back. Called Verizon in the interim, got a person within five minutes, she stayed with me for at least half an hour. We took out the battery (I had tried that, it got me to the second stage of activation before the screen became unresponsive again.) Took out the battery, tapped all four corners of the screen, upper left, UR, LR, LL. Got through activation, screen working. Thanks Verizon support.
Used the phone for three hours last night (turned off screen shut off to never). Power down the phone last night. Powered up this morning. Touch screen became unresponsive after a few minutes. Took out the battery. Touch screen worked for a little while, then nothing, only the four hard buttons and the power button work. After another reboot, in the middle of a phone call the screen becomes unresponsive. I think I have a lemon. It happens. Now to the trip to the Verizon wireless store...We'll see how that goes. Liked the phone when it was working...

OP
G

georgevilla

Reaction score
screen lock out, phone replaced

Took the phone to a Verizon store,( bought it online from Verizon) the service tech did a factory reset. It took about five minutes for the screen to freeze up again. Before we started he told me that they didn't have any phones in the store. but he took pity on me and exchanged it with their last Droid X phone (I'm sure they hold one back in case a VIP walks in the store).
New phone works perfectly. Verizon Wireless has a loyal customer for life as well as a Verizon evangelist.
thank you Verizon Wireless.