Screen lock is dissapeared

1038102j

Reaction score
Screen lock has dissapeared

When i click the stand-bye mode and the screen blacks out. When i go to unlock the phone (where the normal swipe gesture should be) there is no swipe gesture any more and the phone goes directly to my home screen.

How do i get the standard lock back in place. The screen time out is set to immediate, all of a sudden it wont lock. Ill check phone 3 hours later and the screen as soon as it is touched goes to my background, not the initial swipe home screen. Not sure why it is doing this. As far as a i know there is no way to turn this on and off.

I have taken my battery out and replaced it, on initial battery start up, the lock screen shows up, but when i sit my phone down and come back to it, the lock screen is not there. Just started happening. I have not touched any settings on my phone in months.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:

qman66

Reaction score
i took my screen lock off when i had 2.1 and now on 2.2 there is no option to re-enable it. but screen lock for me is annoying it doesnt do nothing but make it harder to get to the phone

cincycats51

Reaction score
I was fed up with this problem, so I did a factory reset and when I factory reset I made sure I had NO LOCK SCREEN before I did it, and my regular unlock screen came back...I have no idea if setting it to no lock screen had anything to do with it, but Im very happy now that I have it back.

cpinto

Reaction score
I was fed up with this problem, so I did a factory reset and when I factory reset I made sure I had NO LOCK SCREEN before I did it, and my regular unlock screen came back...I have no idea if setting it to no lock screen had anything to do with it, but Im very happy now that I have it back.

Yes, an X with 2.1 updated to 2.2 still had the ability to turn off the slide lock. If you do a factory reset, 2.2 takes away that ability.

There are a few Apps that will disable the screen lock. Most are a little quirky, but NO LOCK has worked the best for me.

Just put the widget on any screen to control it.

So far has worked perfect for me.

BTW, my factory reset did not solve any issues, so it was a waste of time. Laggy screens and very laggy app drawer, but that's for another post. 2.1 was much better as far as that goes.

Craig

cpinto

Reaction score
I have a Droid X that is two weeks old with 2.2 on it. I hate the screen lock and wished I could get rid of it. Is there a way to get rid of it with my newer phone?

No way to turn it off.

Try NO LOCK from the market. Works good.

bigdog9586

Reaction score
I have a Droid X that is two weeks old with 2.2 on it. I hate the screen lock and wished I could get rid of it. Is there a way to get rid of it with my newer phone?

No way to turn it off.

Try NO LOCK from the market. Works good.
But that defeats the whole lock. Anyone than can use the X. I want to do away with the slide lock as in 2.1 and still have it lock the phone after 20 min. I can then wake phone and punch in code without first having to slide the lock.