Touch Screen Degradation?

MagicSquares

Reaction score
I have an HTC Rezound that's probably around two years old now, and the bottom half inch of the touch screen (i.e. the band just above the four navigation buttons) is no longer responding to my touch, which means some apps are just not usable.

Am I correct in assuming this is a physical / hardware problem, or is there something else I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Mark

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have heard of devices failing over time and 2yrs for a cell phone nowadays is quite old. Most of the time it is hardware related so you'll need to get the part replaced and in this case it sounds like the digitizer.

If you wish to keep the device I suggest you take it to a cell phone repair shop and see how they diagnose it. Considering the age of the phone it shouldn't be too expensive to replace, though that could all depend on the availability of the part.

OP
M

MagicSquares

Reaction score
I can't remember, to be honest.

Having said that, Verizon managed to persuade us to upgrade our phones anyway, so it's now a moot point.

shockracer

Reaction score
Dang, it seems the insurance company through VZW is no longer exchanging the Rezound and upgrading to the next best phone, the HTC One M7. Sucks you got pulled in to the "deal".

acejavelin

Reaction score
Dang, it seems the insurance company through VZW is no longer exchanging the Rezound and upgrading to the next best phone, the HTC One M7. Sucks you got pulled in to the "deal".
Depends on their stock at the time... My son got his replaced with a HTC DNA not long ago, still better than the Rez in most areas, but not an M7.