Totally Impressed

rockwalk1975

Reaction score
He Everyone,

I got my Droid about a week ago, and have been totally impressed with the phone and all of it's capabilities.

I was considering the Droid, the HTC Touch Pro II and the Omnia II, and when I went into the store to try hands-on, I was immediately taken by the feel, looks and the speed of the Droid.

I have had the XV6800 (WimMo 6.1) for 2 years, and tried the Samsung Omnia (which had very little reception where I live), and to be honest, I have never experienced a phone like the Droid. If it doesn't do it natively, you can surely find an app to do it for you. The resolution has made this phone totally usable to me. I can see the lettering quite clearly with or without glasses. I can now surf the web in comfort with a phone as opposed to a computer, I can read all of my email(s) effortlessly, and as I am constantly discovering, the posibilities are endless with this wonderful device.

Even with the best of devices, there are always wishes and wants. Being from a WinMo environment, I would certainly like to see a way to get my Outlook (local computer) contacts, notes, reminders, etc from my local computer (not exchange). I had to go through too many steps to get some of my info over to the Droid. I totally use Outlook on my computer for all communication, etc., and a comprehensive tie into that info would be greatly appreciated.

All in all, I think this is one of the best phones ever marketed, and I am very happy to be a part of a growing and happy family.

Rockie

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the machine! glad you like it, i think it is fantastic too.. :greendroid:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
You choose Wisely Grasshopper, May the DROID be With You !!!

!!! Welcome Rockie to DroidForums !!!

You will find you are not alone in that way of thinking around here. Great to have you here !!!

Take a stroll through the FAQ section too. You might find some interesting info there too.