Total NooB

desertwarrior11b

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound like a completly retarded question, but beings that I am new to this smart phone thing after spending 4 years on and off in the middle east. My question is what exactly are the tethering apps for and would it be worth it to install/buy for my phone? Oh and one more, what is the whole point of rooting and what does it do, and will it jack-up my phone? I am not new to tech just the smartphone arena. I would appreciate the help and advice

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

They way carriers are cracking down on that sort of thing now, i wouldn't even bother with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Elf is mistaken but best bet would be to do some searches

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I would be leary of tethering. That being said, rooting allows access to the whole OS, much like Administrator privilages in Windows. Rooting let's you remove or freeze bloatware/preloaded apps that you don't use. You can over and underclock you processor.

sent from somewhere...

Okay so I really shouldn't bother with tethering I take it, I was just curious as to what those apps are supposed to do compared to the hot spot app from vzw that came with the phone. Also I take it it would be okay to root my phone and it won't screw anything up? If so could someone tell me how to go about it as well as which version to root to, thanks

Okay so I really shouldn't bother with tethering I take it, I was just curious as to what those apps are supposed to do compared to the hot spot app from vzw that came with the phone. Also I take it it would be okay to root my phone and it won't screw anything up? If so could someone tell me how to go about it as well as which version to root to, thanks

easiest way to explain everything is to send you to this link ..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html

hope it helps .. everything i know how to do and ive done to my d2g has been from reading countless forums and threads .. and the help of course of all the people from droid forums ..

Most definitely do the research and reading then ask the questions. Everyone on here is very willing to help. I had the best experience when I rooted my phone. I was quite surprised by the willingness of others to help. It never seemed like it was a bother for them to help me. That being said rooting your phone is fairly straight forward and easy and has many benefits.

Back