Toshiba's New Tablet: Tegra 2, Dual Camera, Thin, Perfect

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is actually pretty exciting stuff! I'm not currently in the market for a tablet device, but I can say without any hesitation that this is the first one that I've actually gotten excited about! Most of the Android tablets that have been released so far have seemed sub-par, if you're using the iPad as the baseline for comparison. However if I had an extra $800 lying about, I would seriously consider purchasing one of these bad boys when they're released.

What about the Notion Ink? Right now the Notion Ink has most of my attention.

It's about the same as all of them... lots of promises (though they have shown more 'potential' of delivering on them than others) but it's a 'custom' Android build with no (official) market support (they are saying market will be available 'in the summer' but as a golden rule if it doesn't have it when it launches don't hold your breath). It's essentially being marketed as a 'reader' with Notion about to unveil a top-line subscription (magazines ect) service (which if anyone remembers back to 2009 was what the original intention was).

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Edit (dam news threads...):
Though the 'proposed' price points on the Notion Ink make it promising, we'll see what it actually goes for once the pre-orders are out and sells continue.