Toshiba Satellite A665-S6089 Doesn't see D2

seeker613

Reaction score
When I plug my D2 into my desktop, the D2 always gives me a msg in the notification area that there is a USB Connection; however, when I try to plug it into my A665 nothing.

Using a USB utility called USBDeview & that shows that Win7 64bit (on both machines) does not see my D2.

How can I get them to see each other?

TIA,

Eli

trook

Reaction score
have you tried leaving your phone plugged in to the pc then powering your phone off and on? if that doesn't install the drivers automatically you might need to go into control panel, device manager, usb connections, and make sure the usb port is enabled. Also, have you tried installing the motorola drivers from the hacking/ rom install class in this forum?

OP
seeker613

seeker613

Reaction score
trook,

Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try & let you know.

Don't generally go to to hacking forum - I'm still in warranty period for D2.
Would I have to root my phone to use tae driver you mentioned?

TIA, Eli

trook

Reaction score
no, root will not be needed, and your phone wont be altered, theyre just plain old drivers for your pc, they're just in the hacking section. Let me know.

OP
seeker613

seeker613

Reaction score
apparently, the cable I was using w/my desktop was either not compatible w/my Toshiba, or the cable was marginal & when I used the (shorter) original cable; all was then well in Toshiba Sattelite a665 talking to & seeing/sharing files on my D2 & vice-versa.

Isnt it nice when you find a solution?