"Top 10 things to do while waiting for the ota"

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Okay folks, I know that I will get slapped into the cheap seats by the Mods for this, but really, it's all intended to be fun. Besides, if I did not do this, Shadez would worry that I am doing to well at keeping my alter-ego in check :p

I like many of you love reading the forum for useful tips, but really, there is not allot of new information and we all know that much of our hope lies in the much awaited ota. So while we are waiting, let's all add to a list of "Top 10 things to do while waiting for the ota update". Once the ota update is delivered, I propose that Shadez select the Top 10 and publish it. Of course there would be no prizes unless of course Shadez offers up a few Droid Forums t-shirts or something. What say you Shadez!!

With that said, reply with your idea (user name in parenthesis), remember, keep it clean or Shadez will not tell me it was a bad idea... I'll go first

Top 10 things to do while waiting for "the ota" update:

• Hang around coffee shops and lie to iPhone users about why your phone is better (bluezdawg)

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
Wonder if you've ironically missed the OTA to fix network connectivity because you have no network connection (bbtkd)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pour over page after page of "leaked" update threads in order so see if any are the "real deal." (aaf709)

TatDroid

Reaction score
Load the Jeanne app and show your iPhone friends you don't need Siri to have your phone answer awesome but useless questions, like: What is the meaning of life? and How much wood could a Woodchuck chuck?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Jeanne is awesome, I use her a lot.

Look at other phone's forums and laugh at the "Returned xxxx for yyyy today" threads.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Apply a new ROM where the 3G/4G indicators are only in blue in hopes that it improves data connection reliability. (ripper2860)

Call VZ support and ask them for assistance on setting up my Bionic to work through my wife's Atrix 4G AT&T Mobile Hot-Spot so I can get reliable data access. (ripper2860) *

* OK. It's really not THAT bad, but ...

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Go Christmas Shopping (tjk629)

DoctorV

Reaction score
What am I going to do while waiting for the OTA? I am going to cry profusely realizing that the OTA will not actually fix the data drop issue.

Yeah I'm being cynical but I just have this really strong feeling it isn't going to fix it at all.

ripper2860

Reaction score
What am I going to do while waiting for the OTA? I am going to cry profusely realizing that the OTA will not actually fix the data drop issue.

Yeah I'm being cynical but I just have this really strong feeling it isn't going to fix it at all.

I suspect there is a whole lot of work going on with the VZ network and the OTA will be released in conjunction with the network upgrade/tweaks wrapping up. When the OTA arrives and it "fixes" a lot of connectivity issues (yes I'm being optimistic), it'll look like it was a Moto issue and not a VZ issue -- even though ity likely was both. Sneaky, they are.

=============================================================================

Oh yeah -- and while I am awaiting the OTA -- I'll be more attentive to my wife because I will NOT be watching pr0n on my phone (cause I can't stream reliably)!! :dry: (ripper2860)

(J/K honey!!) :eek:

Last edited:
OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Go to the Verizon store and collect SIM cards to fix network problems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Calling Verizon Technical Support daily and asking, "Is the OTA update out yet? How about now? How about now?"

Also works by going into a Verizon store and asking. (aaf709)

Last edited: